Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I didn't sign up for this . . .

Actually, I did sign up for this - I've seen the paperwork! I did not expect this much snow. Pocatello doesn't have near the amount of snow that we have. I'm surprised that one hour can make so much difference.
Andrew and the big kids love the snow. They play almost daily. It used to be such a big production to get them dressed and ready to play, but we've got it down to a science now.
How I feel about the snow, I'm not so sure. Some days I think how beautiful and serene the snow makes everything and then there are the days that I slide through two stoplights on my way into town, push a shopping cart full of kids and groceries through the snow and ice filled Wal Mart parking lot, get behind a snow plow going 15 miles an hour, and I start to think that I was crazy to even think I could live in Idaho and California blood truly runs through my veins.
So, I was going to leave this post as it was and then Andrew read it and asked, "Are you going to leave it with a happy ending?" Of course, ummm, I like that the snow covers up all the weeds in the front yard.

1 comment:

carol said...

I think even the deep rooted Idahoans are ready to see the sunshine (at least I am), you are not alone.