Saturday, June 7, 2008

Biggest sliver ever!

So, okay, Hatch was outside on the like, one warm day this year so far, wearing his flip-flops. I was weeding our ridiculously weedy weed yard and Hatch starts screaming. So I totally don't do anything because, you know, I'm a mom of three kids and I wait for them to come to me. So he comes limping around the corner of the house complaining that his foot hurt. Whatever, toughen up. I totally didn't say that, but I totally thought that. Then I take his Old Navy 99 cent special flip flop off (only the very best) and notice this:

Holy Shnikeys!!! There is an entire tree sticking out of his foot! The poor kid had tripped and the quality sandals were surprisingly useless, and this branch pierced his foot. Not just his foot but that particularly tender spot between the big toe and the next to the big toe. So back up and erase my initial "toughen up" thoughts because WOW, that's got to hurt. Anyway, the small limb was extracted from his foot with tweezers and hydrogen peroxide. And now, thanks to the resilience of youth, there is not even a scratch. Tough cookie.

3 comments:

carol said...

OUCH! Poor kid. It's a good thing all those beatings Lindy has given him have made him so tough. See? Nothing so bad there's not something good about it...

snakeriverwalton said...

Who's in the background? They look they're in sympathy pain.

Sharon Andersen said...

Poor Baby