
When my brothers and I were younger my dad would take pictures of us before church. I don't remember getting prepped for the picture or hurrying to take a picture before we had to get in the car to scoot off to church, I just remember the pictures. They are absolutely some of my favorite pictures from my childhood. I love that my dad took the time to get us and himself together with time to spare so we could take those pictures. I love that he thought we looked cute enough to take the pictures. I loved that the yard looked so nice as a back-drop and that my dad was the one that made the yard so lovely. I love that I look at those pictures and think instantly of how much I loved my brothers and my dad. I love looking at those pictures and remembering how much I loved being a kid. Now I would like to start that tradition. So, we took the kids to the end of the road a few Sunday's back to get a grand picture of them. I was certain that the pictures would turn out perfect, just like my dads'. But something went wrong, terribly wrong. There was much crying and prepping and crying and scurrying and crying to get ready for MY pictures. And somehow, we were late to church. However, the deed was done and this first picture is the only one that turned out decent. The rest looked a lot like this:

Piper and Milli were very reluctant to take these pictures. Hatch was the lone good sport. So we got these cute ones of the trooper:


Then Piper cheered a bit and we got this one:

I'm not giving up, and we will get a beautiful picture of my children one day. And they will look back at those pictures with fondness too, dammit!
6 comments:
I think that picture did turn out perfect! Kudos to you on keeping the tradition alive and I know your kids will appreciate them as much as you appreciate yours! oh, and i would like a copy. Oh, and I love the new blog look.
I have already found out that getting three kids to look good at the same time for a picture is next to impossible. You did it! That is great. Even if it is the only one.
Oh my oh my you have GORGEOUS children :)
Not that you will be surprised, but Trevor does not have the same fond memories that you do. When asked if he remembered he said, "I think I remember a couple of times Dad dragging us somewhere and taking our pictures?" Men just don't care like we do....
I think the pictures are perfect too. Dad loved your blog. I am so excited that I figured out how to download the pictures for us!
We love you all and miss you.
That's a great tradition. Unfortunately, we never seem to be ready for church all at the same time, so I don't think it will work for us.
Post a Comment