I've finally figured out that life is like a roller coaster. You are allowed small decisions when it comes to this coaster, like which car you can choose, and what you want to wear while riding and even who you get to sit next to. But what you don't get to do is control the ride. Someone else is in control, and we just have to decide how we will react to the turns and bumps that are a part of that ride.
A huge bump on my roller coaster came a few weeks ago when we found out through a series of ultrasounds that our baby boy would not make it. Really, this may be the biggest bump I've yet faced. We delivered him on September 9th, and he was one of the most beautiful and perfect babies I have ever laid eyes on. He lived for only a short time and Andy was able to give him a name and a blessing. We named him Van Olli, and he will be ours forever. I love and miss him more than I could ever have imagine. My heart is broken. I know that time heals, but more than that, Heavenly Father heals.
We have not been alone through this. We have felt the strength of everyone's prayers, and the strength of the Lord. And each day gets a little bit easier.
2 comments:
So sorry Kandice {and family}. Our hearts hurt for you and I wish that we were closer so that we could do more for you. Know that we love you and are praying for you always! Much ♥love♥
We love you guys! The promises of eternity are real. It is so comforting in times like these that we have those blessings.
Post a Comment