Thursday, August 21, 2008

First day of 4th grade!


Today was Piper's first day of 4th grade, my personal favortive grade of all the grades. 4th grade was the year that I met my best friend Lindsay, and thus my life changed forever :) Piper's teacher is Mrs. Parkes and she rides the bus to school with our neighbor Tillie and home with Tillie and Lexi, another neighbor who started Kindergarten this year. Piper and Tillie rode the bus home together last year and Piper would bring The Friend and read articles to Tillie all the way home. How sweet is that pumpkin pie of mine? Piper is so excited for this year and I am super-duper excited for her.

7 comments:

carol said...

I am glad you had a good first day, Piper. You really are the sweetiest sweetheart in all the land. We are so lucky to get to live by you and see you everyday. Good luck this year. You are the best!

leslie mae said...

Piper looked SO cute!! I love that she brings things to read to Tillie; and Tillie absolutely loves it to!!! Piper's made Tillie riding the bus a lot easier for me to handle; she's the BEST!!!

Kim said...

She is such a good influence on the girls. Lexi says that she wants to be just like Piper. I am so glad that she is there to look out for her on the bus home. That can be the cruelest time for kids to get teased. And being a Kindergartener with a 4th grader friend makes you so cool.

Kathleen said...

Piper you have grown up so fast. I understand you know how to text! Grammy just learned a few weeks ago! I can't wait to see your room. I love you and are very proud of you. Grammy

snakeriverwalton said...

wow- it's wierd that the kids are growing up so fast. I'm glad it was fun Piper.

Jennae Christensen said...

What GORGEOUS hair your beautiful daughter has! I love the cut.

Sharon Andersen said...

I have beautiful grandchildren!!!!
and smart and kind, etc. etc.etc