Tahdah! This is it, this is Piper's new room. I'm quite pleased with how it has turned out. It has really been a fun summer project. Andrew has worked so hard and has devoted so much time to this room, I am grateful. Linda bought her bed at a garage sale years ago, gave it to us, we painted it white and it's pretty snazzy. I made the duvet cover, and painted the scallops on the wall. The dresser also came from Linda, Andy recalls using it as a kid.
This lovely green desk was once my grandmas, was then Kyle's, and is now Pipers. I didn't care for the old finish so Andy, again the hard worker he is, painted it green and then glazed it. We bought the pulls to match those on her dresser but I think maybe they are too heavy for the desk. I don't know, the jury is still out on that one. That Raggedy Anne sitting on the window sill- that's from my mom. When I was a little girl she gave me a Raggedy Anne doll that sat on my bed, and has since gone with me the rest of my life perched on my bed. She has bought all of her grandkids Raggedy Anne and Andy dolls as a sweet Grandma tradition. She gave Hatch his Raggedy Andy doll when her turned 2. After opening the doll, without any prompting whatsoever, he took the doll to the nearest bedroom and propped it on the bed. Hows that for cute. And you can bet your bitty that my mom was tickled pink.There are a few projects left yet, like closet doors and organizer, a reading nook, and curtains. All in due time. What fun would a project be if we completed the entire thing?
When we moved to our new house, the girls shared a room. To accommodate a crib and a bed in one room, we gave Piper Hatch's twin bed and painted it white. Now that Piper has her own room we gave her the big bed back, which was more feminine anyhoo, and gave Hatch his bed back. But because I can't do anything the easy way, I had Andy (whooo was he tired of working hard by now) paint the once black and then white bed a great navy blue. We added my seamans chest for the finishing touch.
Oh, I did have Andy paint this dresser blue as well. He aint working hard for me any more, I tell ya. I think it looks like such a boys room now, just great. Phew.Now Millis room is quite empty. What to do, what to do? Maybe some more painting!
8 comments:
Both rooms turned out so cute. and I love all the history and sentimental value tied to each piece. Everything looks so fantastic. I wouldn't change a thing! Now will you please come and do my house?
I love em both!! Maybe it will inspire me to finish up the boy's cowboy room!! If we get a girl I'm sure I'll want to do something super girlie in "the girls" room! I bet Piper & Hatch are in Heaven!! Can't wait to see what you do with Milli's room!!!
put me on your list to come and do my house after Carol
The room looks soooo good. You did forget to add that the duvet cover was started at my house....
The rooms look so great, what a wonderful job you guys did. I need help finishing a few rooms down here!
You have such a nack! I swear I was looking at Pottery Barn Kids... They are both so cute. Good job.
Ok so I am retarded... I know Knack is spelled with a ~k~. You have to forgive me, I went to Bear River High!
Soopa cute! You've been working hard! You guys did a great job!
Post a Comment