Monday, May 25, 2009

So, whatever


So, whatever, I'm going to start blogging again. With all my beefs about blogging I decided it's worth it to keep my family updated. So, something I really wanted to blog was my trip to New York with Lindsay in March. We got there very late Wednesday night and left super early Tuesday morning. I had an extra awesome time. The great thing about Lindsay is we can go months without seeing each other and when we get together it's like no time has passed at all. I heart Lindsay and I heart New York. We got to do some amazing things. We sat in the first row of Wicked, which was fantastic! During the intermission we sat forward and chatted with members of the orchestra. It was so much more than I expected it to be, just outstanding. We got to see the the Museum of Modern Art, the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, the Empire State Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, and Central Park. The top picture is Linds and I in Central Park.
We ate some yummy yummy food: an authentic New York hot dog at Gray's Papaya, pizza, fried chicken and waffles, cheesecake, cookies, just great stuff. We did a ton of shopping and sightseeing, and walking. We rode a tram over New York late at night which was awesome.
We rode the subway wherever we went and I was so impressed with the architecture and the attention to detail that was put into the process when they were built. Even the stations that were really dirty, under all that dirt, were still incredible. Grand Central Station blew me away. The whole of New York and its architecture impressed me. The buildings were beautiful. I felt like I took a zillion pictures but when I got home, realized I didn't take nearly enough. I just had a really great time. I missed the kids a bit, but really tried not to get homesick because I knew the time would go so fast and I didn't want to waste it being mopey. But when I saw Milli and Hatch at the airport where my wonderful mom picked me up, I was a wreck. I don't think I realized until then how much I did miss the little boogers. Who I did miss terribly was Andy. Everywhere we went I kept thinking, Andy would love this. But, when we get rich and famous, as Andrew likes to say, I will take him there and show him all the wonders of New York. Thanks Lindsay and Jordan and Candice who let us stay in their apartment in Harlem, I had the time of my life. I did forget to mention that church in New York was unlike any other ward I have ever been to. Honest truth: I saw a half naked woman in Sacrament. OH MY GOSH! I forgot to mention that I ate dinner next to Seinfeld and his wife our last night there, which was pretty freakin' cool. So yeah, I had a great time.

3 comments:

Sharon Andersen said...

you do have a wonderful mom

carol said...

I am very happy you are back to blogging! I've missed your posts and am very glad to see you back. And your trip, oh your trip. I really wish I could have been Flat Stanley and gone with you. Glad you had a great time.

carol said...

p.s. i also agree with Sharon. You DO have a wonderful mom.