Thursday, September 11, 2008

thou shalt not covet



I confess- I covet. What I covet changes from time to time but as of late I have been coveting a plaid brown coat from Target for Milli. This coat was not terribly expensive nor was it unnecessary even. It was just not available. I saw this coat months ago and did not snatch it when I had the chance, then when I went back to purchase the coat it was gone. It was like every mother of a toddler girl in a 50 mile radius, with great fashion sense, had bought this coat in one night. It literally disappeared. Thus began my obsession. I would find any and every excuse to drive to town every Monday, Wednesday and Friday (you see, I quickly learned that these are the days Target gets their delivery trucks) to search out the jacket. It did not come. I made my mom look at the Target stores in Provo and the surrounding areas, and when she went back East to visit my brothers, she scoured the Target stores in Tennessee and North Carolina for my coat. It was not there, it was not anywhere. THEN, when visiting my mother I found the coat, it was the wrong size, but it was the coat, nonetheless. I bought it. Then my guilt of buying a coat that was too big and may not fit the girl until summer got to me and I returned it. Then imagine my surprise when, weeks later, I got a call from my mom and lo and behold she found the coat, in the correct size, and sent it to me. Isn't my mom wonderful. And isn't that one of the cutest coats you have ever seen?

4 comments:

Kris said...

What a darling coat. She looks absolutely adorable in it. I've had many 'covet' moments. Mine usually end up getting it then returning it once the guilt has consumed me because I've talked myself into not needing it. Oh well. Good job on your Mom's part!

Kim said...

That is sooooo cute! I miss dressing a little girl. Sigh, oh well, I will just have to covet that you have a little girl to dress. At least I don't spend as much money on clothes, a boy can only have so many jeans and t-shirts.

snakeriverwalton said...

It is a cute coat. I guess i don't have a prayer of getting one for Maren.

carol said...

Me oh My. that coat was worth the covet. and i saw it on the hanger and it was cute, but seeing the darling Milli in it makes it even cuter.