Friday, April 4, 2008

Hatch

Yesterday evening after dinner, Hatch was in the kitchen with Andrew and I while we were cleaning up after our meal. Hatch started talking about missions. He's a bit confused on the time line of it all and said that he was going to be a dad before he went on his mission. We explained that actually he goes on a mission first and then he gets to be a dad. Then, you know to follow up on our discussion Andy asked, "Are you going to go on a mission, Hatch?" Hatch replied, "Umm, no, I'm going to be a cat." Another pat on the back for a great parenting moment.

6 comments:

tmbchristensen said...

Thanks for leaving encouraging words on my page. I just wish I had more interesting things that I could "blog" about. I do love seeing yours everyday and hope that
everyone is reading and enjoying mine. Thanks. Love you. Michaelyn

leslie mae said...

That's a good one! Hatch is such a cutie!

Oh, are you guys for sure doing preschool next year? I didn't pre register GK for kindergarten. Melissa Sweeney said she'd be interested and I have another friend moving from Ohio who is looking for a preschool for her 3 year old (are you taking that age?). Let me know!!

snakeriverwalton said...

Ah, the wisdom of youth. I am glad to hear that it isn't just my children and me that are confused about life.

snakeriverwalton said...

comment from Rachel-
Hi Piper. It's really funny how your brother said that "I want to be a cat."

carol said...

What a dear heart! He is such a fun kid. You know, sometimes I wish I were a cat, I think he has the right idea.

Mortimers said...

I have heard of "Bat Man" and "Robin Boy". And now the GREAT, COURAGOUS, AND BRAVE CAT MAN!!! Hatch, You make me feel safe already! Love you for it. Grandma M.