Monday, April 21, 2008

The start of something beautiful


The stick that Piper and Hatch are holding up is one of twenty poplar trees that we, and when I say we, I mean Andy, planted in the backyard on Saturday - cold, overcast, and very very windy Saturday. I know it's not much but we have high, high hopes for full and beautiful poplar trees in about 6 months, okay, 7 months. Not to mention they will surely provide a wind break as effective as a brick wall, I'm just certain.


We, and when I say we, I mean Andy, planted them in a nice straight line. See all those visible sticks poking out of the ground? Well, the poplars are the not visible smaller sticks right next to them.


We are very excited to start our yard. This is the first time that we have landscaped a yard from beginning to end. . . please keep us in your prayers.
P.S. The trees were sold through the County. We found out about the annual tree sale through our wonderful and thoughtful and never frumpy neighbor Leslie. Thank you.
P.P.S. Lest you think I did nothing to aid in the tree-planting party just blow up the picture of Hatch and Piper holding the tree and notice the brownie batter all over Hatch's face. I made the brownies to sustain the workers thank you very much.

3 comments:

leslie mae said...

Poplars grow way fast; you're going to love that!! Just do something to cover them in the winter so the deer don't get to them; I don't think one of ours made it through the winter!!! Ugh! PS. I have a number for a guy who does sod for about 18 cents a square foot; including delivery & install. If you're interested!

snakeriverwalton said...

Now you will be the most "poplar" family on the street- hahahahaha. I know- it's never as funny as in my head.

carol said...

ha! amy...most poplar family on the street. ha. I just wish I would have known about the brownies for the workers...I would have pretended I was working to get my teeth on one!