Thursday, April 3, 2008

A promise to Gerry

Before we left to go to California, Gerry asked us to do something for him. What would that be? Would you go to In-N-Out for me, he asked?

Oh, well, I'm not sure that we can do that. We are going to be soooooo busy.

Alright, I guess if we come across an In-N-Out, and it's lunch time, and we're hungry, then maybe we will stop.

But we probably won't enjoy the hamburger dripping with sauce, smothered in grilled onions, topped with melty cheese, all on a perfectly toasted bun. Nor will we devour the freshly cut fries.

And we will only go once. Do you hear me? Once. . . . . . . . . Okay, so we went three times. We were only out in California for four days, two of which we spent in the car, AND at In-N-Out. But do you see that Hamburger? And we really did see the potatoes cut and fried right before our very own eyes. It was delicious and we've been dreaming of another visit to that glorious place. So, promise fulfilled!

4 comments:

carol said...

ummm... yum. my mouth is totally watering looking at those pictures. yum yum yum.

snakeriverwalton said...

I've never had a burger there, but they look sooooo good. That was nice you could sacrifice some time to do something for Gerry. So selfless. you guys are my idols.

leslie mae said...

Okay; where's the nearest In-n-Out place?! That just looks too yummy & I must admit I've never been, sniff sniff. The pregnant lady is getting a craving, watch out! MMMM!!

Mortimers said...

Thank you for keeping your promise. Not only once, BUT Three (count them: 1, 2, 3!) times a burger. You are just toooo good to us, that is all I can say! The Appreciative and Jealous Gerry and Linda