I found these pictures of our backyard from Christmas morning. Doesn't it look so serene and peaceful? What? What's that you say? These pictures aren't from Christmas? They are not even from December, OR January, OR February!?! These are pictures that I took just five minutes ago on April 16th!!!! Noooo! Say it isn't so. We had 60-70 degree weather just two days ago and now this. I remember when we were planning our wedding reception oh so many years ago. We talked about having a quaint backyard reception in May at Gerry and Linda's house. Gerry told us that May could be a little temperamental for a backyard reception. I thought he was crazy. It was May for Heaven sakes, SPRING. Oh how foolish I was. However, the unpredictable weather here is a bit endearing - one more thing to set Idaho apart from the rest, bless its' heart.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Say it isn't so
I found these pictures of our backyard from Christmas morning. Doesn't it look so serene and peaceful? What? What's that you say? These pictures aren't from Christmas? They are not even from December, OR January, OR February!?! These are pictures that I took just five minutes ago on April 16th!!!! Noooo! Say it isn't so. We had 60-70 degree weather just two days ago and now this. I remember when we were planning our wedding reception oh so many years ago. We talked about having a quaint backyard reception in May at Gerry and Linda's house. Gerry told us that May could be a little temperamental for a backyard reception. I thought he was crazy. It was May for Heaven sakes, SPRING. Oh how foolish I was. However, the unpredictable weather here is a bit endearing - one more thing to set Idaho apart from the rest, bless its' heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Bless it's heart! Ha. I thought they might cancel school today... think how cool it would've been to have a snow day in the middle of April. Gerry always says, "The coldest winter I ever spent was spring in Idaho!" His wise words are sure ringing true this year!
We had a snowstorm during the 4th of July parade one year! That is one thing about Idaho; you never know when it will snow!! I don't think even the Farmer's Almanac can predict Idaho weather!!! When Gabe saw the snow he said, "This is the WORST day of my life!!!" Good thing it's melting fast!
Love. Love. Love the blog! Okay, love your family picture at the beginning!! You guys are so adorable! The kids are getting so big! Piper and Milli are so beautiful!, and, of course Hatch is the epitome of handsome. You guys do good work! I'm excited to see your faces! It's been tooooo long! Miss you!
We had snow too, so it's not just Idaho that can claim that treasure. It's supposed to snow here on Sunday as well.
well I would like to inform you that it was a nice 85 degrees in California today.... let the jealousy begin :)
I saw that you are getting more snow this week... What fun
Yaaayyy mom! You figured out how to comment all by yourself. I am truly proud of you. Thank you for leaving a comment and keep leaving more.
And to Jennae - picture my fingers in my ears and my tongue sticking out of my mouth: pppppplllllfffffff
Post a Comment